Monday, January 17, 2011

Why this blog?

Hi to everyone who landed on this blog.

So yes, " why this blog" ? Very simple, just because I can and I want to share all my thoughts that i have interest in with you all.

So many sites and stories are already to be found with every passing second on this fast pacing medium we call internet.

I intended for years to contribute on my own way in my own language with my own view and look on all type of 

situations in life that we bump into, to be heard and now finally I am giving it a shot.

Mind you I am not a writer, but I do want to write. 

You could describe me as a critic and widely minded,  so here you have my definition.

Criticism is a common aspect of all human expression and need not necessarily imply skilled or accurate expressions of judgment. Critical judgments, good or bad, may be positive, negative (in dispraise), or balanced (weighing a combination of factors both for and against). Since all criticism must be regarded as having a purpose, a critic may also be definable by his or her specific motivation. At its simplest, and for whatever reason, a critic may have either constructive or destructive intent.

If it does not even make any sense to you what I put down here sometimes then just forgive me,  and i sincere apologize.

What i would like from you when your reading my articles,opinions or stories is to give me some feedback, bad or good.

Again I am not a writer i am just an individual who likes to give his comment on everything what is going on in the world.

Now 51 and still going strong having some life experience I consider of myself that i can give a honest comment on lots of subjects.

Since I am Dutch, living in the USA my look on life and every new day, gives me a double advantage about everyday life.

Approaching it from a European stand point and American with my lovely Wife Jil, who keeps me with my feet on the

ground if I would rise to much above myself.



I hope you like what i put down here.  


Soon to come


DutchFrankie

1 comment:

  1. Hello Frankie.

    Interesting blog. Curious to know why this subject. I know, the president, but why? Let me tell you about myself. I am a 43, and i live in southern Mississippi, and I have lived in the south my entire life. I am not old enough to remember the civil rights struggle first hand, but I have been raised with an open mind. I see things all around me and I have my own opinions.

    I don't see racism the same way as the author you cite experienced.

    My observation is that socially, that African Americans integrate more so than in the past, but economically, not much has changed. Call it institutional racism. I don't believe that this is done as a concerted attempt to hold down any race, but it is more of the legacy of the past.

    I am a health care provider and I see a broad section of the community I serve. I give care to all equally irregardless. However the quality care you eventually receive has more to do with ones ability to pay. This is true whether you white or black.

    So there then is to me where we are as a state of race and equality. The answer I believe is socioeconomic. How and where you are raised and to what means is all the difference.

    I don't Know the answers, but I know that my personal attitude as an individual is that to end racism is not to teach it. That is to show by example to my son and daughters an openness without prejudice. I don't teach racism to my children. That is how it dies. My hope is that my children never pass along racist views as I hopefully not exposed them to.

    I was raised around extremely racist neighbors. Their perspectives were based on fear and anger. Unfortunately, these attitudes run deep. Quite frankly, just as racisms ends by not teaching it forward, it also dies as they do.

    Hopefully,those with racist beliefs will leave this world faster than those who don't. Maybe then we might have equality.

    I wish you success with your blog. I have bookmarked your page. Keep it interesting.

    Phillip

    ReplyDelete